Below is a list of agencies and organizations that provide services, support, and guidance for small businesses in a variety of ways. Use the search bar and category filter on the right to find the right resources for you.
Want to list an additional resource on this page? Tell us about it here…
Jersey City Economic Development Corporation (JCEDC)298 Academy St, Jersey City, NJ 07306 • 201-284-9478 • jcedc.org • firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance/Capital/Loans • Startup Services • Jersey City
The Jersey City Economic Development Corporation (JCEDC) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation created in 1980.
Mission: To promote and facilitate economic development throughout Jersey City.
JCEDC offers small business loan programs and assists with NJ’s Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) application.
Jersey City Small Business Services–First Stop to Open Shop–guides new and existing small businesses from idea to build out. Contact Vanessa Quijano at 201-284-8609 or email@example.com to make an appointment
Urban Enterprise Zonenj.gov/njbusiness/financing/uez/
Tax Incentives • Jersey City
With UEZ certification, a business can receive the following benefits:
- Reduced Sales Tax [Currently 3.3125%] passed onto consumers
- Tax-Free Purchases on certain items such as capital equipment, facility expansions, and upgrades
- Financial Assistance from agencies such as NJEDA
- Subsidized Unemployment Insurance costs
- Energy Sales Tax Exemption
- Tax Credit Options – Owners may elect one of the following:
- Up to $1,500 for new permanent full-time employees hired
- Up to 8% Corporate Business Tax Credit on qualified investments
The UEZ Program exists to revitalize designated urban communities and stimulate their growth by encouraging businesses to develop and create private sector jobs through public and private investment. One-third of Jersey City is designated UEZ.
Call JCEDC at 201-284-9478 to verify that your business location is in the UEZ and application assistance.